Thursday 2 August 2012

My Creative Space...








The cot sheet, thrifted here has been transformed into a string of bunting all ready to be gifted to a soon-to-be born baby boy.
There's still plenty of sheet left so I'm thinking maybe some bibs or burp cloths like the ones Tania has created, are next on the list.
With so many floral fabrics in the collection, sewing for girls is easy. Sewing up this for a boy provided more of a challenge, so I'm now on the lookout for more 'boy-friendly' fabrics to add to the stash.

Do you have any favourite fabrics or projects for handmade gifts for boys?



Many more creative space happenings here.

9 comments:

  1. I adore your bunting Zara, perfect for a special boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bunting looks gorgeous. I adore the print so much. I would love to send you some boy fabrics for bibs. I have some left over from my boys recent vintage sheet quilt. Let me know if you would like some and I will pop them in the post. Leax

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's super sweet! And that last photo, wow, it is just so inviting. Looks like a wonderful place for a cuppa and a chat.

    Lamina at do a bit made the cutest dinosaur for a little boy and posted it today. You might like it too. My go to gift for boy toddlers are aprons. Most little boys love getting messy in the kitchen with their mothers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet bunting. Its a great gift for a new baby. We re-use ours every birthday as party decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love the shadows on the light grey paint. If mine ever gets finished, your yellow bunting is going out there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bunting is absolutely gorgeous, the lucky little boys and his Mum will be thrilled. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a good job. For boys, blue checks and seersucker is always good as well, and bright primary colours, animals too, nothing too flowery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow, your bunting looks absolutely gorgeous! It reminds me of all the lovely vintage children's books I love so much. What a lucky little boy!
    Its interesting you mention the disparity between fabrics for girls and fabrics for boys, sounds like there's a huge gap in the market there that someone needs to fill. : ) Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. What sweet bunting for a baby to be. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, so a big thank you from me to you. x