Friday 5 July 2013

chia seed pudding



a simple little dessert or snack when you're after something sweet and satisfying without the filled-with-sugar guilt. it has an unusual texture with the chia seeds sort of gelling, but is very tasty.

1 cup milk (i used our new favourite un-homogenised full cream milk, but you could you almond milk or coconut milk)
3 tablespoons chia seeds
approx. 2 teaspoons sweetener (i used coconut sugar. also try honey, golden syrup, rice malt syrup or stevia)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. place in the fridge for about 2 hours. whisk or beat a couple of times during the 2 hours to break up any lumps. and its ready to eat.
(serves 2)
 

 
 
today I also feature in a sponsor spotlight post over at Christina Lowry Designs, where I talk about what i'd love to do if I wasn't nursing and my favourite op-shopped finds, you're most welcome to head over and have a squizz.
x
 

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this Zara. Have been sugar-free for 3 months now, this will fit the bill perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like minds. I posted a similar recipe today to, but using coconut milk and adding dessicated coconut. The taste is unbelievable.....and sugar free! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the sweet mention Zara...enjoy the pud!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 1/2 way through an 8 week quit sugar program but I'd like to try this when I can reintroduce sweetness back in my diet. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great - love the fact you use an unhomogenised full cream milk - just like we used to have on the dairy farm! I keep telling myself I should get back on to it, but after years now of drinking homogenised light milk I'm not sure I could! (I have to tell you though, I do buy the local stuff, not the Woollies/Coles brands - I hate what they've done to our local dairy farmers!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good! I love that you used full-fat milk too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, so a big thank you from me to you. x