Sunday, 29 June 2014
Wednesday, 18 June 2014
as you can see last weekends tip-shop visit did not disappoint. I could not believe it when we came across all these vintage linens on the shelf.
and all of this for $10.
& i think i've just started a new collection too.. of pretty woven coat hangers.
my favourite t towel is the last one with the different happenings each day of the week.
Which is your fav?
Sunday, 15 June 2014
1. & 2. a lovely gift of vintage linens and an LGB in the mail from the lovely Susan
3. magazine reading
4. timber dish brushes to help make washing up that little more enjoyable
5. tiny new succulents. when the leaves snap off the jelly bean plant they grow into new little ones
weekly stills at the beetle shack.
Wednesday, 11 June 2014
so I've been spying a bit of woollen blanket up-cycling around lately.. think hats, satchel bags, quilts and kids clothes.
I have a little stash of blankets stored away in vintage suitcases, collected over the years from op-shops and decided to cut into one.
I made the pattern for this little vest from a vest I already own (and seem to wear several times a week layered with shirt/cardigan/scarf). I lined it with a floral sheet in shades of blue and green and added a glass button from the collection.
up-cycled woollen blanket vest
chambray shirt: wardrobe staple
jeans: wardrobe staple
scarf: handmade from vintage linens and doilies (you can find my simple diy here)
clogs: lotta from Stockholm
leather satchel: down that little lane
have you up-cycled a woollen blanket before? what did you make?
I'm joining in for the first time with wardrobe Wednesday hosted by Kimba likes.
Sunday, 8 June 2014
2. said kitty
3. a new chicken tunnel (chunnel)
4. a bit of blanket repurposing
5. river cottage syrup cake... baking and eating. a favourite cookbook of mine